If you miss eating potatoes, and loaded potatoes in particular, look no further. You can enjoy the same great loaded potato taste using radishes. High fat, low carb, and all delicious. Loaded baked radishes.
🍎My Amazon Store — Essential Tools/Books/Foods
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Loaded Baked Radishes
Total Carbs Per Serving: 5.5g
Total Net Carbs Per Serving: 3.5g
Nutrition: 386 Calories/7.4g Protein/36g Fat/5.5g Carbs/2.1g Fiber
1 Bunch Radishes (~8 ounces), cleaned and trimmed
2 tbsp. Light olive oil, duck fat or ghee
¼ tsp. Sea salt
Pinch Black pepper
Pinch Chile powder (Optional)
2 tbsp. butter, divided
¼ C Shredded cheddar cheese, divided
¼ C Sour cream, divided
2 slices of crispy bacon, crumbled and divided
*1 tbsp. Finely chopped chives, divided
🔔Note: You can use spring onions instead of the chives; However it does increase the total and carb count slightly (5.7g and 3.6g, respectively)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut radishes into thin slices and place slices into a baking dish or a rimmed baking sheet. Toss radishes in fat of choice and spread radishes evenly. Season with salt, pepper and chili powder. Place in oven and bake until lightly colored/browned, about 45 – 60 minutes. Be sure to flip the radishes about half way through baking. I also recommend checking your radishes every 20 minutes – some ovens cook faster than others!
3. While radishes are baking, you can now cook your bacon, shred the cheese and chop the chives if you haven’t already done so.
4. When radishes are done, divide them evenly between 2 broiler proof dishes, like ramekins. If using, place a slice of butter on top of the radishes; top with cheese and place under broiler until cheese melts, 2-4 minutes
5. Once cheese melts, remove from oven and top with sour cream, bacon and chives. Serve immediately.