This low carb lava cake recipe is amazing. It comes from George Stella’s The Complete Low-Carb Cookbook. This was my first low carb cookbook and I can’t recommend it enough if you are just getting started. Below the recipe I have the nutrition breakdown for the chocolate ganache. If you don’t own “ramekins,” click the link above to get them from Amazon
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Lava Cake Nutritional:
Total Carbs/Serving: 7.4g
Total Net Carbs/Serving: 5.9g
Nutrition: 196 Calories/6.7g Protein/16.8g Fat/7.4g Carbs/1.5g Fiber
➡Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
1 tbsp. butter
½ C Low carb sweetener
2 tsp. half-and-half
1 oz. Unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
➡Chocolate Lava Cake Ingredients:
1 tbsp. Butter
1 tbps. Unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp. Low carb sweetener
1 Batch of Chocolate Ganache
2 Large eggs
2 Large egg yolks (Note: in the video, it only LOOKS like 4 eggs, because 2 whole eggs + 2 yolks results in 4 yolks)
¼ C Low carb sweetener
½ tsp. Vanilla extract
2 tbsp. Almond flour
1. Preheat oven to 400; use butter to grease inside of 4 four-ounce ramekins.
2. Combine the cocoa powder with 1 tablespoon of sweetener. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the inside of the buttered ramekins. Refrigerate until ready to add batter.
3. Start making the chocolate ganache by filling a pot with 2 inches of water and place over medium-high heat, brining the water up to a simmer. Place a stainless steel or tempered glass bowl over the pot to create a double broiler.
4. Add the butter, sugar substitute and half-and-half to the bowl of the double broiler and mix with spatula until combined.
5. Add the chopped chocolate and stir, just until chocolate has melted and all is combined.
6. Remove the ganache from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Use immediately while still warm.
7. Start preparing the lava cake batter by adding the eggs, egg yolks, sweetener and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl; beat until eggs are frothy.
8. While the ganache is still warm, slowly stir it into egg mixture until well mixed. Add in the almond flour and mix until combined.
9. Remove the ramekins from the refrigerator and pour the batter evenly into each. 10. Bake for 10-12 minutes (with my convection oven, I needed to go around 14 minutes). Bake until cakes are springy around the edges but still soft in the center. Remove from oven and, using a knife, carefully loosen the cake from the ramekin.
11. Flip onto a plate to serve. Top with a raspberry or diced strawberry.
If you are worried about flipping the lava cake on a plate, just eat it out of the ramekin.
➡Chocolate Ganache Nutrition Breakdown:
Total Carbs/Serving: 2g
Net Carbs/Serving: 1.5g
39 Calories/0.5g Protein/3.9g Fat/2g Carbs/0.5g Fiber