Today is Round 2 of my Healthy (a.k.a. Fish) Eating Challenge. This week I made Flounder with Greek Yogurt-Parmesan Crust and it was delicious. Easy to prepare, the flounder’s texture was firm but flaky. No fishy taste. I think this fish hater found a fish she can actually enjoy.
I ended up serving steamed Brussels sprouts and mixed greens on the side. I’m sure you can think of better sides to go with a flounder. But since I am not a fish connoisseur, pairing foods with fish just isn’t my thing. But I did drink a lovely white burgundy with dinner.
Why the white burgundy? It was my backup if the fish sucked. I figured I’d drink the nectar of the gods to drown out each fishy bite. Turns out the wine was a bonus.
For all my Weight Watcher pals, you can easily add brown rice and veggies for a very delish low point meal.
Flounder with Parmesan Crust
Net Carbs: 1
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 3
Serving Size: 3.5 ounces
- 6 flounder fillets (1.5 lbs. total)
- 1/3 C Plain, Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp. prepared horseradish, drained
- Pre-heat broiler and prepare broiler pan with non-stick spray. Arrange fish on broiler pan.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cheese, mustard, lemon juice, and horseradish.
- Spread mixture over both sides of the fillets
- Broil about 8 inches from the heat for about 6 minutes (turning fish once), or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Sorry I didn’t get a picture of the flounder in all its glory. My iPhone is still uploading a software update.