My January 11 menu is now posted. This week’s menu features 7 new recipes I’m trying out. Since all but one recipe come from my cookbook stash, recipes will feature prominently in this week’s posts.
Maybe it’s the new year or a full moon, but this week I’ve got the urge to try something new. Clearly I’m in the mood to cook. Its funny, but I go through periods where I have to cook something new and interesting. It makes my time in the kitchen more fun. I’m also much more focused on measuring and weighing everything. And I’m more mindful of what I eat.
Some High Point Meals This Week
For those of you not doing a low carb version of Weight Watchers, you may want to adjust some of the recipes to lower the points value. For example, the Paleo Sausage Egg McMuffin is 16 points without any changes (OUCH!). You can lower the point value by replacing the sausage with bacon (yum!) and eliminating the ghee (how sad!).
Since I’m low carb, my fat intake goes up naturally. So I’ll just dip into my 49 weekly allowance points as needed. Sigh…I do wish WW realizes that saturated fat isn’t the enemy when it comes to weight loss. My 130 lbs. weight loss doesn’t lie. Hmmmm….I feel a post coming soon about this…
Anyway, this week I’m trying these new dishes:
- Maple Silver Dollar Pancakes (The Complete Low Carb Cookbook)
- Paleo Bacon Egg McMuffin (Nom Nom Paleo — an awesome recipe site!)
- Cinnamon Bun Minute Muffin (The Complete Low Carb Cookbook)
- Cheese Turkey Burger (The Complete Low Carb Cookbook)
- Herb Roasted Chicken, Green Beans with Pesto and Walnuts (The Complete Low Carb Cookbook and Low Carb 1-2-3)
- Wasabi Salmon (Low Carb 1-2-3)
- Pork Tenderloin, Poached Asparagus with Wasabi Butter (Low Carb 1-2-3)
I’ll have a post on the Maple Silver Dollar Pancakes, complete with recipe, later today.