Happy Thanksgiving! Can’t believe Turkey Day 2016 is already here. I’m up early to start cooking. Here are a few tips to help make this day as enjoy able as possible for those of you doing the cooking:
- Have a plan of attack! It just makes it less stressful if you plan everything out. If you are baking a lot of dishes (like me), plan your time around the turkey. I’m up early to get a head start. My pie is already in the oven. Cranberries are done. That frees me up for the rest of the morning to get my stuffing and Brussels sprouts au gratin dish ready. Both go in the oven when that 22 pound bird comes out.
- Butter and Cream…they really do make everything taste better.
- Ask for help. My husband asked if he can help me prep. I’m going to put the man to use to keep my stress levels in check.
- Download A Free Timer App Now. My timer app is something I can do without, especially when cooking my bird.
- Treat yourself. Once that bird goes in the oven, do something a little special for yourself. Maybe a short walk. Or someone can give you a back rub. You deserve it for all that hard work. Me? A glass of champagne has become my ritual on Turkey Day.
As an added bonus, here’s a lovely chart to help you with Turkey times.