Cauliflower Mash is an important low carb/keto staple in any kitchen, and this recipe takes that joy to a new level of creamy and good.
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Creamy Cauliflower Mash (with egg yolks!)
Total carbs per serving: 5.1g
Net carbs per serving: 3.1g
Nutrition: 177 Calories/3g Protein/16.5g Fat/5.1g Carbs/2g Fiber
➡Ingredients: Cauliflower Mash
1 head cauliflower, about 6” in diameter
2 egg yolks
4 oz unsalted butter
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
1-2 pinches of ground nutmeg to taste (or other seasoning of choice)
1. Steam cauliflower until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
2. Working quickly, drain the cauliflower of liquid in a colander. To drain additional liquid, place cooked (and hot!) cauliflower on a layers of paper towels. Use 3 additional layers and gently press the cauliflower to drain additional liquid. Be sure to protect your hands as the cauliflower is hot.
3. Quickly place the cauliflower (still hot) in a food processor. As you begin to puree the cauliflower, add in the egg yolks and butter. If you prefer a chunky mash, you can use a stick blender instead of the food processor or mash and mix the ingredients by hand to desired consistency. The key is working the cauliflower while still hot so its heat cooks the egg yolks. If you are worried about undercooked eggs, just pop the mash into the oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
5. Mix the nutmeg (or seasoning of choice) into your cauliflower mash.
6. Serve immediately.
🔔If you like to add a bit more healthy fat to your mash, try adding grated cheese on top and running the mash under the broiler for a few minutes.
🔔To see how I used the mash as a “pie crust” check out my Cottage Pie video here: https://youtu.be/FWk8musSGUw