If you’re sick of mushy fish and love it when it comes off in big tasty flakes, but also don’t want a lot of mess, you have to try this recipe. We wrap each fillet in tinfoil and bake it to perfection.
🔗Check out my Amazon store. New stuff all the time!
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Lemon, Thyme & Garlic Cod in Foils
Total Carbs/Serving: 3.6g
Net Carbs/Serving: 2.4g
Nutrition: 234 Calories / 41.8g Protein / 5.1g Fat / 1.3g Fiber
4 Cod fillets
1 tbsp. Olive oil
4 tsp. Chopped shallots, divided
3 Garlic cloves, minced and divided
8 Thin lemon slices (about 1 lemon)
8 Sprigs of thyme
Himalayan salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut 4 large pieces of tin foil; brush the center of each foil wrap lightly with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt.
3. Begin layering the dish by placing 1 sprig of thyme in the center of the foil. Place a cod fillet on top of the thyme. Next top the fillet with some salt, garlic, shallots; rub the salt, garlic and shallots all over the top of the fillet. Finally top with 2 lemon slices and a sprig of thyme.
4. Create a packet by folding the foil edges onto it, crimping edges as tightly as possible to prevent liquid from draining out. Repeat for each piece of foil.
5. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and cook for 15 – 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let the packets sit for 2-3 minutes before opening.
6. Spoon out fish and serve.