🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
The Real Meal Revolution cookbook: http://amzn.to/2fy71GN
Glass Mixing Bowls: Mixing Bowls: http://amzn.to/2yncnfY
Colander (my old one isn’t available, but this one is close to it): http://amzn.to/2wEQlTI
Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Buffet Casserole (3 ½ quart): http://amzn.to/2hg1vbW
French Wooden Spoon: http://amzn.to/2filpq2
OXO Slotted Spoon: http://amzn.to/2jFmOrQ
Corning Ware 1 ½ quart Round Dish: http://amzn.to/2wEJwle
✅Cottage Pie With Cauliflower Mash
Total carbs per serving: 11.5g
Net carbs per serving: 8.4g
➡Ingredients: Cottage Pie Filling
2 lbs. ground beef
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 large celery stalk, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
14 oz whole, peeled tomatoes, diced or crushed
1 C beef broth
1 bay leaf
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½ C basil leaves, finely chopped
1 Batch of Cauliflower Mash: Recipe/Video Link: https://youtu.be/VVmNPYVvrog
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Heat 2 tbsp. of butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add ground beef and brown; break up ground beef with large spoon into small pieces as it cooks. When browned, remove beef from skillet with slotted spoon.
3. Add onions and celery to skillet; cook until both are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
5. Next add in broth, crushed/diced tomatoes, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce and basil; bring to simmer and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. As the sauce simmers, start making the cauliflower mash (see recipe/video here: https://youtu.be/VVmNPYVvrog).
7. Once sauce has reduced, add the ground beef back to the skillet and mix well. Pour the ingredients from the skillet into either a deep-dish pie pan or a baking dish. Use a spatula and smooth out so filling is level.
8. Gently pour the cauliflower mash over the top of the “pie” filling. Use a clean spatula and spread the mash evenly over the top to form your crust.
9. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes to brown the crust. Remove from oven and serve.