Yes, you can have granola on a low carb diet. Just don’t add sugar. Heck, you don’t need a sweetener at all. Add some natural/sugar-free peanut butter and a few other ingredients and you’ll be on your way to keto heaven.
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Dot’s Cranberry Orange Granola Bars
Makes 20-24 bars; 1 bar per serving
Total Carbs/Serving: 4g
Total Net Carbs/Serving: 1.8g
Nutrition: 172 Calories/4g Protein/16g Fat/4g Carbs/2.2g Fiber
2 oz. pecan halves
2 oz. walnut halves
2 oz. sliced almonds
3 tbsp. sesame seeds
2 oz. sunflower seeds
1 oz. golden flaxseed meal
*2 oz. unsweetened dried cranberries, chopped
¼ C unsweetened flaked coconuts
¼ C Natural Peanut Butter, no sugar & no salt
1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
1 tsp. sea salt
½ C butter, melted
½ tbsp. Vanilla extract
Zest 1 orange
1 oz. dark chocolate (at least 85%), melted (for drizzling – optional)
🔔Recipe for unsweetened cranberries (you can make them using frozen cranberries):
There are also a few farms that sell them on Amazon.
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees; line a 7 x 11 baking pan with parchment paper, making sure the paper hags over the sides.
2. Using a food processor or blender, chop pecans, walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds and coconut flakes into small courses pieces. Place in a large mixing bowl with sesame seeds, flaxseed meal, cranberries, peanut butter, cinnamon, salt and eggs. Mix all ingredients until combined.
3. In a small bowl over low heat, melt butter; once butter is melted, turn off heat and stir in vanilla extract and orange zest. Pour butter mixture into bowl with other ingredients and mix until well combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the brownie pan; use a spatula and evenly spread the mixture in the pan, making sure you firmly pack the mixture.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until edges are brown. When ready, remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting.
6. Once the granola bars are cool, break apart the dark chocolate into small pieces and use a double broiler to melt over low heat. You an also melt the chocolate using a microwave. Use a spoon and drizzle chocolate over the bars. Place the bars in the refrigerator for at least a hour to allow chocolate to solidify before serving.