Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
✅Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Total Carbs/Serving: 5.4g
Net Carbs/Serving: 4.4g
Nutrition: 239 Calories/10g Protein/21g Fat/5.4g Carbs/1g Fiber
1 stick Butter, unsalted, cut into evenly sized pieces
½ tsp. Sea salt
¼ tsp. Black Pepper
Juice from ½ a lemon
2 tbsp. White onion, diced
*Roasted garlic bulb (or you can just use 2 raw cloves, minced)
Link to roasted garlic how-to video: https://youtu.be/g27ECqY4cxM
1 lbs. Button mushrooms, sliced
2 C Bone broth (chicken, beef or vegetable)
½ C heavy cream
🔔Using a couple of cloves of garlic instead of a whole bulb of roasted garlic changes the total and net carb count around 4g and 3g, respectively.
1. Remove roasted garlic from paper wrapping and mash into a paste with fork for spatula; set aside.
2. Place butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stirring often, let the butter melt for about 4-6 minutes (it will foam then you’ll smell a nutty scent as the butter starts to brown). Turn off the burner and add in salt, pepper, lemon juice (careful as the pan will sizzle once the lemon juice hits it), garlic paste and onion. Stir all ingredients together.
3. Add in the mushrooms and turn the burner back on to medium. Move the mushrooms around in the pan to coat with the brown butter. Let the mushrooms sauté in the butter until they release their juices, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Add in broth and bring to a simmer; Cook for 3-5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and either using a blender (working in batches) or a stick blender, and puree the ingredients until desired consistency.
6. After ingredients are pureed, stir in heavy cream. Serve immediately.