🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Hearty Crockpot Short Ribs In Low Carb Marinara
Servings: About 12
Total Carbs Per Serving: 2.8g
Net Carbs Per Serving: 2.3g
6 lbs. Short ribs
1 tbsp. Kosher salt
2 tsp. Black pepper
Tallow, ghee or other fat for searing the beef
2 tbsp. Onion, diced
1 Bulb Roasted garlic, mashed
2 tbsp. Coconut aminos
2 tbsp. Fish sauce
¼ C Apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp. liquid smoke
2 C Marinara or tomato sauce
🔔If you don’t have roasted garlic, just mince 3 pieces of fresh garlic instead. That would lower the total and net carb counts to 2g and 1.5g, respectively.
Dot’s recipe for roasted garlic: https://youtu.be/g27ECqY4cxM
Dot’s recipe for tomato sauce: https://youtu.be/g27ECqY4cxM
1. Season ribs with salt and pepper.
2. Heat tallow in large frying pan over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add ribs in pan and sear on all sides, about 6-8 minutes total. Make sure not to over crowd the pan, working in batches if needed.
3. When meat is seared, place in a single layer on bottom of slow cooker.
4. Next add in onions and mashed garlic on top of the ribs.
5. Comb all wet ingredients in a bowl and mix. Pour the mixture over the ribs, evenly covering all pieces.
6. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 9 hours.
*7. When meat is tender and falling off bone, remove from slow cooker and serve.
*Goes great with a cauliflower mash.