If you miss eating battered fish or fish sticks on your low carb journey, here’s some good news: you can still have it without compromise. This keto fried fish recipe is very light on carbs, simple to make, utterly delicious — and fun to much on!
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
➡Low Carb/Keto Fish Fry:
Total Carbs/Serving: 3.6g
Total Net Carbs/Serving: 1.9g
Nutrition: 683 Calories / 25.3g Protein / 62.5g Fat / 3.6g Carbs / 1.7g Fiber
Note: Nutrition information includes breading mix and fish seasoning, fat content based on use of 1 C of ghee.
Yields a little less than 1 C; Serves 4-6
Total Carbs/Serving: 4.3g
Net Carbs/Serving: 2g
Nutrition: 73 Calories/3.4g Protein/5.4g Fat/2.9g Carbs/1.5g Fiber
➡Dot’s Fish Seasoning:
Yield: ~19 servings; Serving Size: 1 tbsp.
Total Carbs/Serving: 2.5g
Total Net Carbs/Serving: 1.9g
Nutrition: 11 Calories/0.5g Protein/0.1g Fat/2.5g Carbs/0.7g Fiber
📓Breading Mix Ingredients:
¼ C + 2 tbsp. Grated Parmesan cheese
¼ C Golden flaxseed meal
¼ C Almond flour
Note: While the fish fry recipe serves 4, the breading mix recipe easily serves 6.
📓Fish Seasoning Ingredients
¼ C Smoked paprika
3 tbsp. Pink Himalayan salt or fine-grain sea salt
3 tbsp. Garlic powder
2 tbsp. Onion powder
1.5 tbsp. Ground black pepper
1.5 tbsp. Cayenne pepper
1.5 tbsp. Ground coriander
1 tbsp. Dried oregano leaves
1 tbsp. Dried basil leaves
📓Fried Fish Stick Ingredients
1 lbs. Cod or Haddock, washed and gently padded dry
1 Large egg, beaten
1 Batch of Breading Mix
1 tbsp. Dot’s Fish seasoning
Ghee or Coconut Oil for frying
1. Lay 2 layers of paper towels on a baking sheet and set aside.
2. Mix the Parmesan, almond flour and flaxseed meal in a medium bowl.
3. Next make your fish seasoning by combining the smoked paprika, salt, garlic, onion, peppers, coriander, oregano and basil in a small mixing bowl. Add 1 tablespoon to the breading mixture and store the remaining seasoning in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
4. Slice fish into 1 ½” pieces. Dip the fish slices into the beaten egg, shaking off any excess liquid. Then roll the fish in the Parmesan mixture, gently shaking off any excess. I recommend using one hand to dip the fish in the egg mixture and keeping the other dry to roll the fish in the breading mix. This way you keep more breading on the fish instead of your fingers!
5. Heat your fat of choice in a deep non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. You’ll want enough fat in your skillet to submerge 1/3 to 1/2 of the fish pieces.
6. Once the oil is hot, begin cooking similar sized slices of fish, careful not to over crowd; cook for 4-6 minutes, turning the fish about half way through. When done, move the fish to the paper towel lined baking sheet to remove excess oil before adding in the next batch of fish.
Low carb “chips”: https://youtu.be/qmWJgh780bY
Low carb ketchup: https://youtu.be/S5ClrNFsaYk
Low carb coleslaw: https://youtu.be/aU26FWz1UpY