Are you sick of all those keto recipes that use like a hundred different ingredients? Well this one’s pretty simple: Pesto Burger Bowl. You can buy pesto at the store, or make it yourself (link below). This is a great low carb meal that you can adjust according to your time and inclination. Enjoy!
🔗Check out my Amazon store. New stuff all the time!
🔍Video recipe on how to make your own pesto: https://youtu.be/9YplLMh8Xs0
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Pesto Burger Bowl
Net Carbs/Serving: 2.8g
Nutrition: 472 Calories / 28.7g Protein / 36.5g Fat / 2.95g Fiber
🔔NOTE: Pesto burger bowl nutrition information does not include the Pesto Vinaigrette.
Yield: ~6-8 servings; Serving size: ~2 tbsp.
Net Carbs/Serving: .5g
Nutrition: 189.3 Calories / 1.1g Protein / 19.7g Fat / 0.5g Fiber
📋Burger Bowl Ingredients
1/3 C Basil Pesto
1.5 lbs. Ground beef
6 oz. Fresh Mozzarella, divided (or cheese of choice)
6 C Spinach
6 C Shredded Romaine
20 Fresh basil leaves
3 Plum tomatoes, sliced and halved (optional)
📋Pesto Vinaigrette Ingredients
¼ C Pesto
¼ C + 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine the beef and pesto; blend the pesto into the ground beef thoroughly. Divide the meat mixture into 6 equal pieces and form each into patties.
Heat a large oven-proof skillet over high heat. Add the patties; sear each side for about 2-3 minutes. Place the skillet in the oven and bake until burgers reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees, about 10-15 minutes.
3. If topping burgers with mozzarella cheese, add the cheese about 2-3 minutes before burgers are done. If you are not using fresh mozzarella or instead another cheese, add it about 1 minute before burgers are done.
4. While burgers are in the oven, combine the spinach and romaine lettuce in a large salad bowl; set aside.
5. Stack 5 basil leaves on top of each other; tightly roll the basil and, using a sharp knife, begin making thin slices crosswise to create thin ribbons. Repeat this process until all the basil is sliced. Add to the salad bowl.
6. Next make your vinaigrette by combining the pesto, olive oil and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl. Use a fork and mix the ingredients to combine. Add the vinaigrette to the greens, 1 tablespoon at a time between mixing to ensure you don’t over saturate the leaves. Add tomatoes, if using.
7. Divide salad into 6 salad bowls; top each with a burger and serve.