This recipe uses a nut flour and cream cheese, and that smooths out the consistency to something resembling regular flour. The effect is awesome: pound cake heaviness and density, and it tastes delicious with the cranberry pieces and orange extract. The glaze is rich and creamy and quite pretty to look at when sprinkled with a little bit of orange zest.
Inspired by George Stella’s recipe in “The Complete Low Carb Cookbook.”
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Lakanto Monkfruit sweetener (for the batter):
Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit sweetener (for the glaze)
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Orange Cranberry Pound Cake
Total Carbs/Serving: 5.7g *
Total Net Carbs/Serving: 3.6g*
Nutrition; 281 Calories/7.8g Protein/27g Fat/Carbs 5.7g/Net Carbs: 3.6*
*Based on using 1 cup of cranberries
➡Pound Cake Ingredients:
¾ C Unsalted butter, softened
6 oz Cream cheese, softened
6 Large eggs
1 1/4 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 1/4 tsp. Orange extract
2 ½ C Almond flour
1 1/4 C Low carb sweetener
2 tsp. Baking powder
½ tsp. Salt
Zest from 1 orange
1 C Whole cranberries, fresh or frozen, chopped (I used ½ cup in video)
➡Cream Cheese Glaze Ingredients:
3 oz. Cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp. Unsalted butter, softened
3 tbsp. Low carb powdered sweetener
½ tsp. Orange extract
2-4 tbsp. Water
1 tsp. Orange zest (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 with rack in center position; Line a 9 x 5 (I used a 10 x 5) loaf pan with parchment paper and spray the paper with nonstick spray.
2. Using a hand mixer on high speed, whip together the sweetener, butter and cream cheese. Add in the eggs, vanilla and orange extracts, orange zest and blend until smooth (about a minute).
3. In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, salt and baking powder; mix by hand, breaking apart any large lumps. Slowly add the almond flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Beat until well combined.
4. Once your batter is ready, gently fold in the cranberries.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean, about 60-90 minutes. If the top of the cake starts to brown too quickly, cover with tin foil.
6. About 15 minutes before cake is finished, make the glaze. In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, butter, powdered sweetener, orange extract; add in water 1 tablespoon at a time to desired consistency.
7. Once cake is finished, gently pull the parchment paper out of the loaf pan and set cake down on wired rack. Allow cake to cool completely before topping with glaze. Top glaze with orange zest if desired.