🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Dried Cranberries (a.k.a Craisins):
Makes ~1 Cup; Serving size: 1 tbsp.
Total carbs per serving: 3.9g
Total net carbs per serving: 3.8g
12 oz. Cranberries – fresh or frozen
2 tbsp. Swerve or other low carb sweetener
2 tbsp. Oil (light olive oil, grapeseed oil, or other neutral oil)
• Wash cranberries, making sure to discard brown or mushed ones.; pat dry with paper towels. If using frozen, best to thaw cranberries first.
• Preheat oven to 200 degrees; line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Cut cranberries in half; toss with sweetener and oil to coat.
• Spread evenly on baking sheet and bake for about 3 hours. Be sure to periodically stir the cranberries to make sure they dry evenly. If after 3 hours cranberries still look wet, turn heat up to 300 degrees and keep them in oven for about 10 more minutes.
• Remove and let cool; place in an airtight container; store in the refrigerator for about 2-3 weeks depending on moisture. Can freeze for 4-6 months.