🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Mushroom & Swiss Cheese Omelet
Total Carbs: 5g
Net Carbs: 4g
Nutrition: 698 Calories/36.2g Protein/56g Fat/5g Carbs/1g Fiber
2 tbsp. of ghee or fat of choice, divided
3 eggs, beaten and slightly frothy
2 oz Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
1C mushrooms, any type, chopped
1 thin slice of onion, halved
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
1. Add ½ a tablespoon of ghee to an 8″ or 10″ frying pan over medium low heat.
2. Add mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes until mushrooms begin to sweat. Be sure to stir the mushrooms around to avoid burning. Once the mushrooms begin sweating, stir in onions and nutmeg; Add ½ tablespoon of gee and continue cooking, stirring often, until liquid from mushrooms has evaporated and some color is on the mushrooms.
3. Remove mushroom and onion mixture from pan; wipe pan clean with paper towel.
4. Add in remaining ghee to the pan and melt over medium low heat. Beat eggs briefly and add them to pan. Using a spatula or spoon, slightly stir eggs for about 20 seconds creating curds. Use the spoon to fill in any holes as needed. Lightly salt eggs if desired.
5.Add Swiss cheese to both sides of the omelet.
6. Add mushroom and onion mixture to one side, using a spatula to spread it evenly.
7. Gently fold the other side of the omelet to cover the mushrooms.
8. Remove from pan and serve immediately.