I only eat one side dish per meal, and I make sure it’s delicious and healthy. These sautéed mushrooms fit the bill nicely. I make a special (easy/fast) compound butter for the dish, and I use three of my favorite mushrooms: baby bellas, button mushrooms, and shiitakes.
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Sautéed Mushrooms with Shallot & Thyme Butter
➡Total Recipe Nutrition:
Serves 3 (~3/4 cup per person)
Net Carbs/Serving: 4.6g
➡Shallot Thyme Butter Nutrition
Serves 4 (~ 1 tbsp. per person)
Net Carbs/Serving: 1.1g
4 tbsp. Unsalted butter, softened
3 tbsp. Finely diced shallots
1 tbsp. Fresh thyme leaves
2⃣Roasted Mushroom Ingredients
5 oz. Shiitake mushrooms, washed, stems removed
8 oz. Baby bella mushrooms, washed, stems trimmed
8 oz. Button mushrooms, washed, stems trimmed
1-2 tbsp. Olive oil
2 tbsp. Shallot thyme butter
1-2 Pinches sea salt
1 Pinch black pepper
1. Add the softened butter, shallots and thyme leaves in a small bowl and stir until combined. Place 2 tablespoons of the compound butter into a separate container.
2. Cover the remaining butter and place in the refrigerator. Use remaining butter within 5-7 days.
3. Slice mushrooms into 1/4” thick slices. Include the stems from the baby bella and white button mushrooms if they are not too woody and hard. The Shiitake mushroom stems should be removed and either trashed or used for stock. Place all mushrooms in a bowl and toss to mix.
4. Working in batches, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in 1/2 tablespoon of the butter and ½ of the mushrooms. Stir the mushrooms to coat in the oil and butter. Sprinkle salt and pepper over mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms for 4 minutes to allow them to sweat. If too much water comes out of the mushrooms, turn the heat up to evaporate. Stir mushrooms often.
5. Mushrooms are done when they start to brown. Remove mushrooms from pan, and repeat Step 4 for next batch of mushrooms.
6. Place cooked mushrooms in a serving bowl and top with remaining tablespoon of compound butter.