🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
*Total Carbs: 7.5g
*Net Carbs: 5g
3C cauliflower florets
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
1 small onion, diced
½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
**1.5 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary, sage and thyme (or 1 tsp dried poultry seasoning)
16 ounces roasted turkey with skin, diced
4 slices cooked bacon, broken into pieces
¼ C heavy cream
8 Assorted cherry tomatoes, sliced in half (optional)
4 eggs (optional)
1. Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Add cauliflower and cook until it is tender crisp, about 4-6 minutes. When cauliflower is just tender, drain, cool under cold water; pat dry with paper towel to remove excess moisture. Then coarsely chop into 1” pieces.
2. While steaming cauliflower, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, herbs, salt and pepper; cook until the onions are soft and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add in cauliflower and cook for 2 minutes longer.
3. Next turn the heat up to high and add turkey to the skillet; Stirring occasionally, cook until turkey browns, about 5 minutes.
4. Add in bacon and cream; continue cooking until pan is nearly dry (about 2-3 minutes).
5. Divide hash among 4 dishes; add in sliced cherry tomatoes and serve with egg on top.
🔔Carb count does not include egg.
🔔Note: I mistakenly said that you use less fresh herbs than dried. Actually dried herbs are more potent so you need to use more fresh herbs to get the same intense flavor. The recipe above reflects that.
🔔Link to Eggs Benedict video (w. poached eggs instructions): https://youtu.be/-jB7UJak9U8