🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
Total carbs per person: 5g
Net carbs per serving: 4.5g
Butter, ghee or other oil; just enough to grease the casserole dish
2 lbs. ground beef
*salt & pepper for seasoning
1 lbs. bacon
1 C diced red onion
1 C cherry tomatoes, halved
8 ounces shredded cheddar, divided (or cheese of choice)
6 large eggs
1 C heavy cream
½ C mayonnaise made with avocado or olive oil
¼ C yellow mustard
½ C diced pickles
1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat, working in batches if needed. Use the salt and pepper to flavor the beef. While ground beef is browning, cook bacon in a separate skillet over medium heat. When bacon is done, let cool and crumble into bite size pieces and set aside.
2. Drain excess grease from ground beef; place beef in a large mixing bowl.
3. Preheat oven to 350.
4. Add the onion, cherry tomatoes and bacon to the ground beef and mix well. Place the ingredients in an oiled, large casserole dish, making sure to evenly spread the mixture.
5. Top the meat mixture with half of the cheese, spreading the cheese evenly.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, eggs, mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in pickles; pour creamy sauce over ground beef mixture, making sure to spread the sauce so it covers the entire casserole evenly.
7. Top with remaining cheese and place in oven for 35-40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
If you want to make a batch (close to 80 servings) of the seasoning I used, the proportions are below.
1 C pink Himalayan salt
4 tbsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp red pepper flakes
4 tbsp garlic powder
I use about 1/2 tsp per pound, but you can use more if you prefer. You can also substitute sea salt for the pink Himalayan salt. If you don’t want the heat, you can also skip the red pepper flakes.