🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Low Carb Broccoli Soup
Total Carbs Per Serving: 7.2g
Total Net Carbs Per Serving: 4.5g
326 Calories/11g Protein/29.4g Fat/7.2g Carbs/2.7g Fiber
The carb numbers include the 2 optional ingredients, goat cheese and walnuts. If you eliminate both, that changes the carb counts to 5.5g and 3.4g, respectively. The nutrition values change to: 148 Calories/2.3g Protein/14.3g Fat/5.5g Carbs/2.2g Fiber.
11 oz./312g Broccoli florets
2 tsp. Sea salt, divided
Fresh ground black pepper
4 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, divided
4 oz. Goat Cheese (optional)
¼ C Walnut halves (optional)
1. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to a pot of water over high heat. Make sure you have enough water to cover the broccoli. After water starts to boil, carefully add in broccoli. Cook until the broccoli is soft enough for you to easily slice with a paring knife, about 5 minutes.
2. While broccoli is cooking, slice goat cheese. Dip your knife in the boiling water to warm it up so it slices the cheese without crumbling it. You’ll want 2 slices per bowl, about 1 ounce per serving. Place the cheese in each bowl. Next add 4-5 walnut halves to each bowl on top of the goat cheese.
3. When broccoli is done, remove the pot from the burner. Do not pour out the water. Instead, carefully add broccoli to a blender using a slotted spoon. Pour the water from the pot into the blender, filling it to at least the mid point of the broccoli (I ended up adding a little more water; I suggest first going only mid way up the broccoli and then blending; if it is too thick, then add a little more water). Add the remaining salt and 4-5 turns of your pepper grinder. If you are using ground black pepper, then start with 1-2 pinches – you can always add more for taste).
4. Using a kitchen towel, keep a hand firmly on the lid of the blender and puree for a few minutes until broccoli is smooth. Taste as you go to see if you want to add more salt, pepper or water (to thin it out if you prefer).
5. Pour in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately.