Cooking our own food means we don’t have to put up with flavorless store-bought stuff. In fact, we make our own most of the time because we can’t be sure what’s in the mass-produced stuff. Here’s a great keto recipe for salsa that won’t disappoint.
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Low Carb Chipotle Salsa
Servings: About 8
Total carbs per serving: 3g
Net carbs per serving: 2g
1 pound plum/roma tomatoes (about 6-8)
1/4 C red onion, chopped
1/4 C fresh cilantro, chopped
1 Jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
*Juice from 1/2 a lime
2 chipotle peppers
1. Cut tomatoes in half and remove the seeds and pulp. Next dice tomatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the onion, cilantro, jalapeno and lime juice to the tomatoes and mix.
3. Dice the chopotle peppers; add the peppers, seeds and juice to the salsa and mix.
4. Add salt to desired taste.
5. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight to let the flavors meld.
Serve with low carb “chips,” vegetables or use as sauce base for a low carb version of Chipotle’s Beef Barbacoa (video link: https://youtu.be/1arXyawWO3M).
🔔Depending on how juicy/flavorful your lime is, you may have to add the juice from the other half if you prefer a stronger lime flavor. It doesn’t increase the total or net carb count.