Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Low Carb Eggs Benedict Caprese
Total Carbs: 4g
A. 2 large eggs
B. 1/2 plum tomato, sliced (can use tomato of choice just adjust carb count)
C. 2 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
D. 5 fresh basil leaves
E. hollandaise sauce
F. pink Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
G. pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Fill a medium sauce pan with 2 inches of water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Plate your mozzarella and season with salt and pepper. Top mozzarella with 2 basil leaves. Next stack tomatoes on top of leaves and mozzarella; season tomatoes with salt and pepper. Finally top tomatoes with 2 basil leaves.
3. Next melt/heat up your hollandaise sauce in a double broiler (can use microwave); be sure stir the sauce occasionally to ensure fat does not separate from sauce. Once melted, remove from heat.
4. To poach eggs: Crack eggs individually into a ramkin or bowl. Once bubbles are starting to break surface of water, gently stir the water in a circle to create a whirlpool. Lower the ramkin edge to the water and slowly pour the egg in, whites first. Egg whites should wrap around the yolk. Repeat with 2nd egg. Remove from heat and let eggs cook in hot water for 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs and place on paper towel to remove excess liquid. Place the egg on top of caprese salad.
5. Pour 2 tbsp of hollandaise sauce on top of eggs and, if using cayenne pepper, sprinkle on top. Top with last basil leaf and serve immediately.