This low carb jalapeno poppers recipe kicks quite a wallop, and makes a perfect keto snack.
This recipe is from George Stella’s The Complete Low-Carb Cookbook: http://amzn.to/2DLo4zk
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Sizzling Jalapeno Poppers
Servings: 12 (2 halves per serving)
Total Carbs Per Serving: 1.8g
Total Net Carbs Per Serving: 1.3g
88 Calories/2g Protein/8.3g Fat/0.5g Fiber
🔔Be sure to check out Papa G Low Carb for more great low carb recipes:
1 tbsp. Olive oil
12 Jalapeno peppers
8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
Egg white from large egg
½ tsp. Sea salt
¼ tsp. Onion powder
2 tbsp. Chopped chives
1 tsp. Paprika, for color
*½ oz. Pork rinds, for crunch (optional)
🔔The above nutrition information does not include pork rinds. If you decided to use them, the nutrition changes to: 94 Calories/2.8g Protein/8.7g Fat/1.8g Carbs/0.5g Fiber.
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees; place tinfoil, shiny side down on baking sheet and grease with olive oil (you can use a cooking spray if you prefer but it does reduce the fat in this recipe). Set aside.
2. Prepare jalapenos by cutting them in half lengthwise, and removing the seeds and pith (white part). Reserve seeds if you would like to add more heat to your peppers. Recommend using food-prep gloves as you prepare the peppers.
3. Place egg white in mixing bowl and beat until frothy. Add cream cheese, salt, onion powder and seeds (if using) and beat until smooth and creamy. You can do this by hand but recommend a mixer.
4. Spoon the cheese mixture into each jalapeno half, spreading to fill to the edges of the pepper. Place the peppers on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with paprika for color.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with pork rinds (optional) and chives. Serve immediately.