🔔This video is two recipes in one. If you want to make the casserole dish, you can use any left over chicken rather than the lemon & herb chicken I made in the video.
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Baked Lemon & Herb Chicken Thighs
Serving size: 4 oz/person
Total carbs per serving: 1.5g
Net carbs per serving: 1g
✅Creamy Chicken Casserole*
Total carbs per serving: 2.9g
Net carbs per serving: 1.5g
*NOTE: The above carb counts for the casserole is directly from the recipe and does not factor in the lemon chicken recipe or the mushrooms. If making the dish like I did in the video, the total carb count changes to 3.8g and the net carbs are 1.6g .
➡Ingredients: Lemon Baked Chicken
1 tbsp coarse salt (sea salt or kosher salt)
Warm water, enough to cover chicken
2 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs
4 tbsp butter
4 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 small bunch fresh sage
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
✅Directions: Baked Lemon & Herb Chicken
1. After washing and cleaning the chicken, add the thighs to a warm sea salt bath to brine; let chicken soak for 15-30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375.
3. While chicken is brining, melt butter in small saucepan over low heat.
4. Next, begin preparing remaining ingredients: coarsely chop onion; cut lemon into quarters and cut each quarter in half, removing seeds as you go.
5. For the herbs, cut each sprig of thyme in half; roughly rip sage leaves; pull rosemary off of sprig.
6. Remove chicken from brine and lightly pat dry with paper towels.
7. Add to tablespoons of melted butter to large baking dish; spread butter evenly to grease pan bottom.
8. Place chicken in the baking dish and top with remaining butter, onion, lemon wedges and fresh herbs.
9. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
➡Ingredients: Creamy Chicken Casserole
• ¾ lbs baked chicken thighs, chopped
• 8 slices bacon
• 1 medium zucchini, coarsely diced
• 2 large eggs, hard-boiled and sliced
• ½ avocado, diced
• 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
• 4 medium button mushrooms, diced (optional)
• ½ c cubed cheddar cheese
• ½ C mayonnaise
• ¼ C chicken broth
• 1 tbsp, chives
• 1 ½ tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
• 1 ½ tsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
• ½ tsp onion powder
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Fry bacon in a large, oven-proof skillet until desired doneness. Place bacon on paper towels to drain. Once cool, crumble bacon and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. Use spatula or wooden spoon and gently scrape brown bits from bottom of pan. Add zucchini and mushrooms to skillet and fry until bacon drippings are absorbed, about 5 minutes; remove from pan and let cool.
4. In a large bowl combine the mayo, broth, chives, dill, parsley, onion and garlic powders, salt and pepper. Stir until all ingredients are blended and no lumps remain.
5. Next add chicken, bacon, zucchini, mushrooms, tomato and cheese to the mixture. Toss to combine.
6. Pour mixture into a lightly oiled 8 x 8 baking dish and cook for 20-25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and top with egg slices.
Resources & Tools
• The Ketogenic Cookbook: http://amzn.to/2nA0P40
• My review of the cookbook can be found here: goo.gl/V1oOsN
• Le Creuset 12 x 9 Rectangular Baking Pan http://amzn.to/2nDLLUN
• Le Creuset 3.5 qt. Enameled Cast Iron Buffet Casserole: http://amzn.to/2nA10MJ
• Sur La Table Jumbo Silicone Spatula: http://amzn.to/2nPKc6y
• Luminarc 10-Piece Glass Mixing Bowls: http://amzn.to/2ofrxSC
• Wusthof Classic Cook’s Knife: http://amzn.to/2nPLEWs