If you love pumpkin pie, but don’t like the carbs and sugar (and weight gain), this dish is the solution for you.
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
Total Carbs: 5.5g
Total Net Carbs: 3.5g
I ended up using hazelnut flour rather than almond flour — better fat-to-carb ratio. I also made my own pumpkin pie spice…that’s just the way I roll.
Final carb count is dictated by ingredients/brands you use for heavy cream and canned pumpkin, so you’ll want to adjust accordingly. If you want to reduce the carbs, I suggest skipping the crust and crunchy topping. The filling is amazing on its own.
➡Ingredients – Crust
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 C finely chopped pecans
1/2 C low carb sugar (I use Swerve)
pinch of fine sea salt
big pinch of ground cinnamon
➡Ingredients – Pie Filling
1 can pure pumpkin (15 oz), no added sugars
3/4 C low carb sugars
*2 tsp ground cinnamon
*1/2 tsp ground ginger
*1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
*1/4 tsp ground allspice
*1/4 tsp ground cloves
1-1/4 C heavy cream
4 large eggs
3 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 C hazelnut flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 C sugar substitute
🔔Can use Pumpkin Pie spice instead or use these ingredients to make your own.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a bowl, mix all of the crust ingredients and press into the bottom of a 10-inch pie pan. Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven (the crust will still feel soft).
3. Turn oven temperature up to 425.
4. Combine all of the pie filling ingredients in a bowl and mix until blended. Pour into the pie pan.
5. In a small mixing bowl, combine all of the crunchy topping ingredients and blend together using a fork. Sprinkle the topping over the top of the filling. You want to spread it evenly across the pie top. Place in oven and cook at 425 for just 15 minutes.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 350. Cook pie until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes. Allow pie to cool for about an hour before placing it in refrigerator and cooling for 2-3 more hours before serving.