🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Low Carb Sausage & Mushroom Stuffing
Net Carbs: 5.5g
2 baby eggplant
1.5 C parsnips, chopped
8 oz brown Italian mushrooms, sliced in half
12 oz chorizo sausage, diced
1 tbsp butter
1/2 C onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
3-5 sage leaves, fresh
2-4 sprigs of thyme, fresh
For added burst of flavor, add in 2 tbsp of chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil, but adjust carb count accordingly.
1. Preheat oven to 400 and line two small baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Slice baby eggplants from top to bottom and salt. Set aside for 15 minutes to pull excess moisture from eggplant. After 15 minutes, rinse excess liquid and salt from eggplants. Dice eggplant into 1” size pieces
3. Arrange parsnips and eggplant into a single layer on the lined baking sheets. Do not mix the two together as the eggplant will roast faster than the parsnips. Roast in the oven until fork tender – about 15-20 minutes for the eggplant and 30 minutes for parsnips. Half way through cooking, stir vegetables to prevent burning.
4. While vegetables are roasting, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and sausage, cooking for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes more.
5. In a food processor add roasted eggplant and parsnips, mushroom and sausage mixture (with pan juices), salt, pepper, sage and thyme. Pulse ingredients until well mixed and chopped to desired size. Be sure to brush down sides of processor between pulsing.
6. Place stuffing in serving bowl. Keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.