This is a delicious #lowcarb #stuffing that you can enjoy this #Christmas. It has a delicious herb flavor that intensifies the mild Italian sausage, as well as the cauliflower and rutabaga, and it’s sure to be a hit with your friends in family.
I use this Sur La Table casserole dish all the time (and love it): https://amzn.to/2FLjQwh
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Low Carb Sausage Stuffing
Total Carbs/Serving: 4.4g (6.6g with Maple Sage Sausage)
Total Net Carbs/Serving: 3g (4.9g with Maple Sage Sausage)
Nutrition: 248 Calories/12.8g Protein/16g Fat/4.4g Carbs/1.4g Fiber/3g Net Carbs
Nutrition (using Maple Sage Sausage): 306 Calories/14.9g Protein/23.8g Fat/6.6g Carbs/1.7g Fiber/4.9g Net Carbs
1 lbs. Sausage, removed from casings
1 tbsp. Olive oil or fat of choice
½ C Diced celery
¼ C Diced red onion
3 Large eggs
2 C Chopped cauliflower, cut into 1½” size pieces
1 C Diced rutabaga, cut into ½” size pieces
½ C Grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. Chopped fresh parsley
3 tbsp. Chopped fresh sage
3 tbsp. Fresh thyme leaves
2 Garlic cloves, finely diced
½ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Ground black pepper
🔗NOTE: If you want use Maple Sage Sausage, here is the link to the video: https://youtu.be/Z5_my6VcX44
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees; Lightly spray or grease with fat of choice an 8 x 8 baking dish.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Crumble sausage into skillet; Add celery and onion; stir occasionally and cook until sausage is browned. Drain any excess fat from skillet. Set sausage mixture aside.
3. In a large bowl, add the cauliflower, rutabaga, cheese, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Add in the sausage mixture.
4. Add the eggs to the stuffing and mix with hands (or feet).
5. Pour stuffing into the baking dish; cook until hot and browned, about 30 minutes.