🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Low Carb Valentine’s Day Dinner
Total Carbs: 9.6g (doesn’t include dessert; see below)
Net Carbs: 5.7g (doesn’t include dessert; see below)
2 beef tenderloin steaks
2 strips bacon, thin slice
2 tbsp butter
1 lbs. fresh baby spinach, washed and dried
1 medium heirloom tomato
Assorted cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp basting olive oil
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 basil leaf (optional)
fresh ground black pepper
🔔Dessert (optional): Serves 2
Total Carbs: 6.5g
Net Carbs: 4.5g
1/4 C blueberries
1/4 C blackberries
1/2 C heavy whipping cream*
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Salt and pepper the steaks on all sides. Wrap the steak with bacon, using a toothpick to hold the bacon in place. Set aside.
3. Heat butter in an oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Once melted, add the steak and sear on each side for a nice brown color, about a minute per side.
4. Place skillet in oven and cook 7-10 minutes for medium rare (internal temperature of 140F) or until desired doneness.
5. Remove steaks from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
6. While steaks are in oven, slice heirloom tomato into ¼” thick slices and cut cherry tomatoes in half. Arrange tomatoes on plate. Drizzle balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil on tomatoes. Using kitchen shears, cut basil into thin ribbons on top of the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
7. Once steaks are out of the oven and resting, heat basting olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, about 1 minute. Add the spinach, salt and pepper. Use tongs to toss and stir the spinach so it doesn’t burn as it begins to wilt, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.
1. Place mixing bowl (including mixing rods or hand whisk) in freezer for 15 minutes before making whipped cream. Divide berries into 2 small cups.
2. Take mixing bowl out of freezer, add cream and vanilla extract and begin mixing with hand blender (or hand whisk) until cream makes stiff peaks. Top berries with 1 tbsp of whipped cream and store the rest in freezer in air-tight container for 1-2 days.