🍎My Amazon Store — Essential Tools/Books/Foods
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Rosemary Lemon Marinated Chicken Kabobs
Makes 6 Kabobs
Total Carbs Per Kabob: 5.7g
Total Net Carbs Per Kabob: 4.1g
Nutrition: 282 Calories/27g Protein/17g Fat/5.7g Carbs/1.6g Fiber
1.5 lbs. Chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2” pieces
3 Garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary leaves, chopped or 1 tbsp. dried
1 tbsp. Fresh oregano leaves, chopped or 1 ½ tsp. dried
1 tsp. Sea salt, divided
½ tsp. Black pepper, divided
4 tbsp. Lemon juice
6 tbsp. Olive oil
1 Medium red bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
½ Small onion, cut into 1” pieces
12 Baby Bella mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
1 Medium Zucchini, sliced into 1” thick disks
6 Cherry Tomatoes
1. Place chicken, garlic, Rosemary, oregano, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and 5 tablespoons of olive oil in a re-sealable plastic bag and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
2. An hour before making the kabobs, soak your wooden skewers in water to prevent them from catching fire on the grill.
3. About 30 minutes before making the kabobs, remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
4. If using a charcoal grill, prepare your grill with a 2-heat zone (coals on one side of the grill). Spray your grill grate with a non-stick spray if needed and begin heating your coals.
5. Make your basting liquid by mixing together the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
6. Begin assembling the kabobs, with little space between vegetables and chicken, but don’t pack the skewers too tightly; make sure the pieces are as flat as possible.
7. When grill is hot (350-450 degrees), place your skewers on the cool side of the grill. Move 2 skewers directly over the coals and sear for a minute for color before turning and searing the other side. Once seared, move those skewers to the cool side of the grill, baste them; then move 2 more skewers to the hot side. Continue until all the chicken is seared. Cover grill and let cook until chicken it reaches 165 degrees (it should feel firm to the touch), about 10-15 minutes.