Here’s an easy to make low carb recipe you can make any day of the week: rosemary sirloin with avocado butter.
You may think the total carb count is high, but keep in mind this is a full meal as you are eating ½ and avocado! I went for a lighter meal with smaller portions of the meat and butter in the video. The dish is filling, and you won’t need any side dishes.
The Real Meal Revolution Cookbook: http://amzn.to/2kjK1Au
Food Processor: (my old one isn’t available anymore, but I am looking to downsize and eyeing this one when price is right): http://amzn.to/2hg0H6U
Sur La Table Spatula: http://amzn.to/2xaYEXE
Mortar & Pestle: http://amzn.to/2khAzxk
Lodge Cast Iron Skillet: http://amzn.to/2xNYCqR
Smoked sea salt: http://amzn.to/2x9Mzad
Crystal Salt Flakes: http://amzn.to/2ykBF1G
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Rosemary Sirloin With Homemade Avocado Butter
Total Carbs Per Serving: 11.4g
Net Carbs Per Serving: 5.9g
✅Avocado Butter Ingredients
3 oz unsalted butter, softened
2 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
1 tsp red pepper flakes
½ C Cilantro, roughly chopped
Zest and juice from 1 medium lemon
1-2 pinches smoked sea salt (optional)
➡Steak & Rub Ingredients
2 Sirloin steaks, about 7 oz each
1 tsp. dried rosemary
½ tsp coriander seeds, roughly ground
½ tsp crystal salt
½ tsp multicolor peppercorns, cracked
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp ghee for cooking
1. Combine the avocado, butter, cream cheese, red pepper flakes, cilantro, lemon juice and zest and black pepper in a food processor until well mixed. Remove the avocado butter from the processor and place in an airtight container and refrigerate until needed.
2. Rub about 1-2 tsp. of olive oil on the steaks, lightly coating all sides.
3. Next combine the rub ingredients (rosemary, ground coriander seeds, salt flakes, cracked peppercorns and red pepper flakes) and rub all over the steaks.
4. Heat frying pan on high heat. As it begins to smoke, add 2 tbsp. of ghee to the pan to melt. Tip pan around to coat the bottom.
5. Place steaks in pan; it should start to sizzle. For medium rare (135F) steak, cook the steaks for 4-5 minutes, resisting the urge to peek under the steaks. Flip the steaks and cook for additional 4-5 minutes. Cook longer for desired temperature.
6. Remove steaks from skillet and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
7. Serve with avocado butter on top.