Here’s an awesome recipe just in time for St. Patrick’s day. Shamrock eggs, served with cabbage and smoke chorizo sausage. Incredibly healthy Irish-inspired dish, and delicious too. #keto #saintpatricksday #eggs
🔗Enabled Cast Iron Buffet Casserole (from Video):
🔗Check out my Amazon store. New stuff all the time!
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
Total Carbs/Serving: 1.2g
Total Net Carbs/Serving: 0.8
Nutrition: 119 Calories/6.5g Protein/9.4g Fat/0.4g Fiber
✅Cabbage & Smoked Chorizo
Total Carbs/Serving: 14.2g
Total Net Carbs/Serving: 9.3g
Nutrition: 334 Calories/13.2g Protein/24.6g Fat/5g Fiber
📋Cabbage & Smoked Chorizo Ingredients
1 tbsp. Ghee, plus ½ tbsp. more, if needed (use oil of choice)
½ Cabbage head, coarsely chopped
2 4-oz Smoked Chorizo sausage links, sliced into disks
1/3 C Diced white onion
2 Garlic cloves, diced
1.5 C Torn Tuscan kale leaves, woody stems discarded
½ tbsp. Kosher salt
Cracked black pepper, to taste
Sea salt, to taste (if needed)
➡Cabbage & Smoked Chorizo Directions:
1. In a large pan, heat ghee over medium heat. Once ghee is shimmering add in the chorizo slices; Brown the slices (about 1 minute) before turning them over and browning the other side for a minute more. Remove the sausage from the pan.
2. Add onions and garlic to pan and sprinkle with a small pinch of salt; cook until onions soften, stirring frequently. Add additional ghee if necessary.
3. Add cabbage to the pan and sprinkle with 2 pinches of salt; carefully stir the cabbage in the ghee and rendered fat from the chorizo, coating all pieces. Start cooking the cabbage down, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Stir in the kale and sausage (and any rendered juice) and taste for salt; add in sea salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Cover, turn heat to low and cook for 20-25 minutes, until cabbage and kale are softened.
📋Shamrock Egg Ingredients
2 Large eggs
1 Green pepper
2 tsp. Coconut oil, olive oil or ghee
1 Pinch sea salt
2 Pinches chives, divided
Cracked pepper to taste
➡ Shamrock Egg Directions
1. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
2. While oil is heating up, cut the pepper across it’s width into ½” size rings. Remove any seeds and white membrane. Once oil is heated, place the rings in the skillet; let cook for 1 minute.
3. Change the heat to LOW.
4. Carefully crack an egg into the center of each ring. Season the eggs with sea salt and black pepper as desired. Cover the skillet and cook until egg is done to your liking (typically takes up to 4 minutes for egg to cook).
5. Remove the Shamrock eggs from the skillet and add a pinch of chives to each egg.
6. Serve with cabbage and smoked chorizo.