If you’ve never made corned beef and cabbage you’ve been missing out. It’s so good, you might even want it every week. The brisket explodes with flavor, and the cabbage is so good (the way I make it) even cabbage haters will like it. Enjoy!
🔗Check out my Amazon store. New stuff all the time!
🔍Rib Roast recipe with my horseradish sauce: https://youtu.be/opZAUKSKCYc
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Corned Beef & Cabbage
Total Carbs/Serving: 8.3g
Total Net Carbs/Serving: 5.3g
Nutrition: 334 Calories/23.4g Protein/22.7g Fat/3g Fiber
🔔Note: Nutrition does not include the horseradish sauce seen in the video recipe. You can find that recipe here: https://dot2trot.com/spinach-stuffed-rib-roast-horseradish-sauce/
Horseradish sauce nutrition: 58 Calories / 0.4g Protein / 5.3g Fat/ 2.1g Total Carbs / 0.4g Fiber / 1.7g net carbs per serving (serving size: 2 tbsp.).
• Corned Beef Brisket (~2 lbs.)
• 2 tsp black peppercorns
• 4 whole allspice berries
• 2 whole cloves
• ½ Small head green cabbage
• 4 Medium carrots, cut into 3” pieces
• Sea salt & pepper to taste (for veggies only)
• Optional: Dot’s Creamed Horseradish Dressing (Link above)
1. Place corned beef brisket in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Add seasonings (some briskets come with a seasoning packet, which you can use instead). Bring water to a boil then turn down heat to a simmer and cover. Cook the brisket on low for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
2. Cut cabbage into 6 wedges. Rinse off and set aside. Clean carrots and chop into 2-inch size pieces. About 20-30 minutes before taking out the brisket add in the cabbage and carrots.
3. Optional: While the veggies and brisket are cooking, begin making your horseradish sauce; refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. When the brisket is done, take it out of the pot and wrap in tin foil; let sit for 15-20 minutes. Cover the pot and continue cooking the vegetables.
5. Unwrap the brisket, slice thin and plate. Add horseradish sauce on top of slices. Serve with vegetables.