Jay Robb protein powder: https://amzn.to/2HPl0VL
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie
Total Carbs/Serving: 7.3g
Total Net Carbs/Serving: 5.8g
Nutrition: 212.9 Calories/1.1g Protein/22.8g Fat/7.3g Carbs/1.5g Fiber
¾ C Unsweetened macadamia milk (or nut milk of choice)
¼ C Heavy cream (or heavy whipping cream)
1 C Strawberries, frozen or fresh
1 tbsp. Lemon juice
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
4 tsp. MCT oil (optional)
2 tsp. Powdered xylitol, erythritol or a few drops of liquid stevia (optional)
NOTE: The brand of macadamia milk I used requires that the “milk” needs to be used within 5-7 days. Almond milk can last up to a couple of months.
➡Optional Ingredient Thickeners and Substitutions
You would need to adjust the amount of carbs accordingly.
• 1 tbsp. Chia seeds soaked in ½ the liquid of your shake for about 5-10 minutes before adding to your blender.
• 1-2 tbsp. Flaxseed meal
• 1-2 tbsp. Cream cheese (softened)
• Replace the “milk” and cream with 1¼ C of plain full-fat yogurt
• Add 1 cup of ice (don’t over blend or it will melt and make your drink more runny).
• 1 Scoop of whey protein powder (I use Jay Robb brand: https://amzn.to/2HPl0VL). This will increase drink’s satiety, keeping you full longer.
• Replace almond/macadamia nut milk with coconut milk
• Replace heavy cream with coconut cream if you prefer
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until desired consistency. Divide shake in half and serve.