This low carb recipe is intensely flavorful, easy to make, and healthy to boot: three cheese green bean casserole.
I found the green bean casserole recipe from www.lowcarbmaven.com and loved the use of pork rinds (the “secret ingredient”) as breadcrumbs. I made a few changes to the recipe, namely adding a third cheese and liquid smoke while changing up quantities and eliminating some ingredients.
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Keto Green Bean Casserole
Serves: About 6
Total Carbs Per Serving: 7.6g
Total Net Carbs Per Serving: 5.4g
¾ lbs. Green beans, trimmed, steamed and cut into 1” pieces
¼ lbs. bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
2 tbsp. butter
½ small onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
Juice from ½ small lemon
3 tbsp. dry white wine
4 oz. cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces
½ C Chicken bone broth
1 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded + ½ oz. more for topping
1 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated
½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp. Liquid smoke
1 tsp Dijon or spicy mustard
½ tsp Pink Himalayan salt
Pinch of ground black pepper
½ oz. Pork rinds
½ tsp Dot home seasoning: https://youtu.be/cQ7leP4vDGg
1. Preheat oven to 350; Use non-stick spray on casserole dish (or better yet, use ghee).
2. Combine the cooked green beans and bacon in a mixing bowl; set aside.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; Add onion and sauté until onions for about 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more or until garlic becomes fragrant.
3. Add lemon juice and wine; cook until the alcohol evaporates, about 1 minute. Mix in the broth and let the temperature come back up to a simmer. Once the sauce starts simmering again, add in the cream cheese and stir until it melts.
4. Lower the temperature slightly and add in 1 ounce of the cheddar and all of the Parmesan cheeses. Stir the sauce as the cheese melts.
5. Stir in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, Himalayan salt and pepper to combine.
6. Pour sauce over green beans and bacon and mix to combine. Add the mixture into the oiled casserole dish.
7. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese over the top of the casserole.
8. Crush the pork rinds into pieces the size of breadcrumbs. Place the pork rinds in a separate mixing bowl and add in the Dot’s home seasoning (or salt and pepper to taste) and olive oil. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the casserole.
9. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.