I love baking muffins. But since I’m low carb, I no longer make these tasty treats. Oh, once I’m at my goal weight, I’m sure I’ll start baking them again. But for now they’re a no-no. Thankfully I stumbled upon this little recipe and it combines my love of baking and with a low carb take on muffins.
I present to you the Bacon Wrapped Omelet Muffin. It’s healthy, yummy and easy to make. What more could you possibly want in a recipe? How about they taste great the next day. Awesome.
Bacon Wrapped Omelet Muffins
Net Carbs: 3.6g
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 7
Servings: Makes 4 servings (2 muffins/person)
- 8 slices of bacon
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 2 C chopped fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat until it’s cooked through, but not crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and place one piece of the bacon in each tin, wrapping it around the outer edges.
- In a medium bowl, scramble the eggs. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss in the chopped red and green pepper, and spinach. Combine thoroughly then pour the mixture into the muffin tins lined with bacon (I’d recommend a big spoon or even better, a ladle to even out the veggies in each tin well).
- Bake until eggs are fluffy and slightly browned on top, 30 to 35 minutes.
To make this dish even yummier, top your omelet muffin off with some diced avocado or tomato. Hmmmmm.