Halloween’s this week and I’ve read loads of articles about what to do if you’re a fatty. The advice ranged from handing out non-candy treats or giving kids candy you hate. What crap! Seems to me you’re just punishing the kids and not learning to control yourself.
So I decided I needed to follow my own common sense and come up with a game plan for Thursday night.
Dot2Trot’s Halloween Action Plan
- Last Minute Candy – I don’t want the stuff hanging around the house too long, so I’m buying the candy at the last-minute. And I plan on getting the good stuff – M&Ms, KitKats, Reese’s Cups, Hershey bars, Milky Ways.
- Be Generous – None of this one piece of candy nonsense. Any little ghosts or goblins that knock on my door get a handful of candy.
- Eat Before The Kids Start Knocking – I’m moving dinner up by 30 minutes. I don’t want to hand out candy on an empty stomach.
- Treat Myself – After dinner I plan to open a nice, healthy bottle of red wine — something that doesn’t go with chocolate. Red wine is low in carbs and loaded with heart-healthy antioxidants. For me, if it comes down to either chocolate or wine, I’ll always pick wine.
- Donate Candy — Anything left over, I’ll send off with the hubby to leave at the office.
That should do the trick!