After a particularly challenging muscle workout, this dough-less pizza recipe hit the spot. Easy to make, meat crust pizza provides a whopping 57g of protein with only 12g of net carbs. And like regular pizza, it’s great the next day. The husband loved it and declared it his new favorite meal.
Also, for all my gluten-free pals, this recipe is perfect for you – no dough!
The recipe calls for a round pizza pan. If you don’t have one, don’t fret. I ended up dividing the recipe between two 10″ pie pans. Heck, even a rectangular pan (1-inch deep) will do the trick.
While you can slice the meat crust pizza like a regular pizza, you can’t eat it like one. Try picking it up with your hands and it falls apart. I write this from experience. Use a fork.
Meat Crust Pizza
Net Carbs: 12g
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 14
- 1 Pound lean ground beef (95/5)
- 2-C shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Fresh mozzarella (2 oz.) – optional
- 1/2-C low-sugar pizza sauce*
- Turkey pepperoni
- Baby portabella mushrooms, sliced (2 oz.)
- Red bell peppers, chopped (2 oz.)
- Yellow bell peppers, chopped (2 oz.)
- 5 Asparagus spears (cut into ½ inch pieces)
- Tomato, thinly sliced
- Whole fresh basil leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef; drain.
- Place meat in a bowl and mix in 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella
- Spread the meat and cheese mix into a round pizza pan for baking. Top with pizza sauce and spread so sauce covers the top of mixture.
- Not including the tomatoes, begin topping pizza evenly with your veggies. Top the pizza with the rest of the shredded mozzarella. Place your tomatoes on top and then add the turkey pepperoni and the fresh mozzarella, if using.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
- About 5 minutes before it is ready to take out of oven, place whole basil leaves on top.
If you want to get your PointsPlus value lower, you can reduce your portion size or if you have the 14 points for dinner, I suggest loading up on the veggies. I’m limiting my veggies to get a lower carb recipe.
*I used Mid’s Homestyle Pasta Sauce – Pizza Sauce. It has 1g of sugar and 3g of net carbs.