I needed to update my goals with an eye toward overall health and happiness. Sure weight loss is my main focus, but I’m in a completely different place mentally. It was time to I add some goals related to wellness and everyday beauty.
I’ve also experienced a shift in thinking when it comes to exercise. Overall fitness is way more important to me now. No need to set goals related to the number of days or hours for working out. Exercise is one habit that comes automatically. I want to focus on getting stronger and transforming my body.
My Top Fitness Goals
- Run a whole 5K in 2014
- Lower my body fat by an extra 10% by year’s end
- Get Stronger by end of year:
- Bench Press 50 lbs.
- Leg Press 140 lbs.
- Unmodified Push Ups – 25
- Unmodified Plank – 2 minutes
- Complete the 30-Day Push Up Challenge by year’s end
- Training for June 2015 Tough Mudder (started August 11, 2014)
My Top Weight Loss Goals
(Starting Weight: 325 lbs. Current Weight: 211 lbs.)
Lose 35% of body weight– Achieved Aug. 9, 2014
- Lose 40% of body weight –
- Lose 45% of body weight –
- Lose 50% of body weight –
- Lose 55% of body weight –
- Reach Goal Weight – Before June Tough Mudder
My Top Everyday Beauty Goals
- Except when working out, leave the house wearing lipstick to prevent chapped lips
- Improve my skin’s health and appearance
- Once a month set aside time to experiment/play/try different looks
- Wear more color — time to add in bold colors
- Shed the workout clothes and start dressing more girlie — wear more dresses, skirts (first buy a skirt!) and blouses
My Top Wellness Goals
Stop taking blood pressure meds– Achieved March 27, 2014
- Get enough sleep
- Consistently take vitamins and supplements
- Start crossing off items on my Healthy Bucket List
- Unplug more often — don’t pick up smart phone or tablet after 9:00 pm
- Continue exercising and eating right