Lately I’ve had a few questions about fasting and low carb/Keto lifestyle.
- Should I eat breakfast?
- How do I know I should fast?
- Aren’t saturated fats bad for you?
- Isn’t fasting the same as starving?
- Won’t eating all that fat cause a heart attack?
- Why I can eat brown rice or whole grains?
For me, when it comes to reclaiming my health and losing weight, nothing beats a low carb diet combined with intermittent fasting. Unlike the standard Western diet, there is actual science behind the therapeutic benefits of LCHF/Keto and fasting.
I’m not saying LCHF/Keto and fasting works for everyone. But the science for each is rock solid. For me, understanding the science of why we get fat was key to making better decisions on what to eat AND when to eat.
So for those who are new to, curious or want a primer on LCHF/Keto and fasting I’ve posted a few videos below to help you out.
Also keep in mind to do your own research like I did. For me, the science was compelling so I gave it a try and sure enough LCHF & intermittent fasting worked. That may not be the situation for you.
Science Behind LCHF/Ketogenic Diets
- Low Carb Diet: Fat or Fiction?
- Why We Get Fat (Gary Taubes)
- Processed Food: An Experiment That Failed (Dr. Robert Lustig)
How LCHF Works
- Optimizing Weight & Health with an LCHF Diet: Part 1 (Dr. Stephen Phinney)
- Optimizing Weight & Health with an LCHF Diet: Part 2 (Dr. Stephen Phinney)
- Optimizing Weight & Health with an LCHF Diet: Part 3 (Dr. Stephen Phinney)
- The Perfect Treatment for Diabetes & Weight Loss (Dr. Jason Fung)
- The Calorie Deception (Dr. Jason Fung)
- Therapeutic Fasting (Dr. Jason Fung)
Cholesterol & Heart Disease
- The Truth About Cholesterol – And LDL and HDL (Dr. Eric Berg)
- Demonization and Deception in Cholesterol Research (Dr. David M. Diamond)